idea for newbies

Just a little tip that I picked up from an old timer.

As you learn new things, enter the information into a regular text file, I use
a file called infofile.  Example:

/bin/echo pppstats displays ppp useage statistics >>infofile

Then when you want to remember something that you entered concerning ppp
statistics, you do something like:

grep ppp infofile| grep statistics

It saves a lot of time and if you are careful about the words you use, it
becomes easy enough to at least point you to the proper manpage for further
info.