Dialing my ISP

Hi There:

I'm A user to Linux and have problem hooking up to my ISP.

I have installed Debian 1.3.1 several times now second time I installed Debian I got on line fine. The next time I installed it, because I forgot to install the drive for my network card so done that, and it not work. The only thing different was that I installed the network drive and choose at the end, Choose which primary network interface. chosen ethernet instead of PPP.

When I Do # pon,,

It dials and the other modem answers and the when I ping a site on the Internet, nothing happens.

Have read the ppp, serial, and net3, howto's..

Does any body have some suggestions in this mater?
Much appreciated.....!!!!

Thanks

Steve Koop: mailto:skoop@dowco.com