Debian & Adaptec AHA 2840VL/2842VL

hi everybody,

I'm trying to install Debian 1.3.1 with an Adaptec AHA 2840VL/2842VL
SCSI card; while the RESC1440 disk is beeing loaded I get a lot of error
messages; some of them are:
- encountered spurious interrupt
- failed to initialize module ?????
- In swapper task - not syncing
..and it hangs!

is there a way I can save/print the output of the loading process?
I'd like to take a closer look at it or even post it here..

I've read in the SCSI-HOWTO that 90% of SCSI problems are related to
cables; I can boot MSDOS w/o a problem; does this mean that cables are
ok? is Linux more sensitive to cable problems than MSDOS?

I booted with my RedHat 4.12 boot floppy and it looks like RedHat would
have no problem with this SCSI card; is this kind of hardware support
distribuition-specific?

TIA!

heeeelp: I'm using Win95 to write this!!!!

--
Otavio Exel /<\oo/>\
oexel@economatica.com.br