Re: Setting X mouse responsiveness

On Mon, Sep 15, 1997 at 10:03:24AM -0400, Brian White wrote:
> As I suspected, if X reads the mouse directly (and it does unless you are
> using it with GPM's "repeater" mode, the settings made via GPM won't affect
> X.

I didn't know about this mode.  I had an interesting problem where X would
die if I switched from a text console to X and moved the mouse...  Using the
gpm repeater mode solved it.  Otherwise I had to be careful not to move the
mouse for about 2 seconds after switching to X.

This is with a PS/2 mouse.

Fascinating.

Thanks,

Jeff