Re: Smail & /etc/aliases

> Anyone know if I can have ALL mail forwarded somewhere else, like this ?:
>
> Matthew
>
> -------
> # This is the aliases file - it says who gets mail for whom.
> # It was originally generated by `smailconfig', part of the Smail package
> # distributed with Debian, but it may edited by the mail systemadministrator.
> # It was originally generated by smailconfig at Wed May 14 12:28:43 EDT1997
> # Please modify the above line, if you change this file by hand.
> # See smailconf(5) for details of the things that can be configured here.
>
> # postmaster: root
> # root: matthew
>
> *: uid@domain.com

I don't know if that would work.  I doubt it.  (I may be wrong)

I do something similar with sendmail.  I added the following to my
/etc/mail/sendmail.mc which was generated with sendmailconfig - and
then ran I sendmailconfig again to load it.

## Important - the following line has to be first
FEATURE(local_procmail,`/usr/bin/procmail')

##  At the end of the file
define(`LOCAL_MAILER_ARGS', `procmail -t -Y -a $h -d $u')
define(`PROCMAIL_MAILER_ARGS', `procmail -t -m $h $f $u')
define(`LUSER_RELAY', procmail:/etc/procmailrcs/lusers)dnl

My /etc/procmailrcs/lusers looks like this:

# forward mail for unknown users to postmaster
:0
!postmaster

This has always seemed to work for me, so I don't mess with it.

The sendmail m4 macros are documented in /usr/doc/sendmail/cf.README.gz

Cheers,

 - Jim