Re: comment about Linux

Jim Pick wrote:

> > Hi....
> >
> > Is true that I never lose control on my linux box, but some times I lose
> > control in my X-Windows and I must restart the X. Is that usual?
> >
> > I supose that's due to use some aplications. But if this is true, why I
> > lose control on all aplications that I'm using?
>
> How do you lose control?

> I've had X crash on me quite a few times -- but not regularily.  It's a

yes, it's not regularily....but sometimes when I am using Communicator
(an others application that I don't remember now) I lose control about
all my X-windows applications...estrange, but true.

> pretty big system that is still changing, and there are lots of places
> for bugs to hide.
>
> It's still pretty stable compared to Windows 95 though.

:-) .... that's true. When w95 craks I must reset the system. In Linux I
only must restart X-window (I never lose control about consoles).

> Cheers,

Regards