Re: Transfering system directories to new HD

"C.L. Daugaard" <cld@mcs.net> writes:

[snip]

> 	VFS: Cannot open root device 00:00
> 	Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 00:00
>
> I ran rdev on the kernel for the new root device and updated and
> double-checked the info in the fstab and mtab files and the loadlin boot
> file.  All of that seems exactly correct.

Something is definitely configured wrong.  The root device should
usually be either 03:?? or 08:??.  Either of rdev or loadlin should
set it, although I think loadlin will have the final say.

--
      Carey Evans  <*>  http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/c.evans/

kernel: Warning: possible SYN flooding. Sending cookies.
kernel: validated probe(100007f, 100007f, 11557, 5010, -1645409555)