Re: bug ?: Disappearing DOS partitions

There are some dos-compatibility switches in the "expert menu" of fdisk.
I think you type "x" to get there. You should BACK UP EVERYTHING (from
Linux, since DOS can't read the partitions) before doing this. Write down
all of the details of your partitions - their start address, length, etc.
Turn on the dos-compatibility switches and re-write the disk label.
See if DOS can read the partitions. If not, re-create the partitions using
DOS FDISK, and see if DOS can read them after that. You will have to add the
Linux partitions using Linux later on.

I think DOS cares which partition is the extended one. I think it wants
it to be partition 4, but I'm not sure I remember that correctly.

You run a good chance of clobbering the disk, so be real sure of your
backups first.

	Thanks

	Bruce
--
Can you get your operating system fixed when you need it?
Linux - the supportable operating system. http://www.debian.org/support.html