bug ?: Disappearing DOS partitions

	My disk has one primary Dos partition and an extended partition
with two logical disks on it.  To my dismay I have discovered that they
are no longer visible from both DOS and Win 3.x.

	I invoked DOS fdisk and they were indeed not reported on the
partition table.  However, booting to Debian and using Linux fdisk, there
they are, healthy as ever.  I could even mount them to my Linux file
system and peruse to my little hearts content.

	Any ideas as to what gremlins have attacked my machines ?  The
only thing unusual I can think of happening between the last time  I
accessed these logical drives from DOS and their apparent disappearance
is the gzipping of a large file to the e: drive from Linux.

	Any way to get these two logical partitions back onto the DOS
table without wiping out the info that is still there according to Linux ?

	Thanks for the help.

	Gerald Crimp
	ye416@freenet.victoria.bc.ca