Re: Setting X mouse responsiveness

On Thu, 11 Sep 1997, Brian White wrote:

> Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 10:59:59 -0400
> From: Brian White <bcwhite@verisim.com>
> To: Debian Users <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
> Subject: Setting X mouse responsiveness
>
> How can I adjust the responsiveness of the mouse under X?  Right now I
> almost have to move the mouse half way across the room to cross the
> screen?  It's a PS/2 mouse.

	If I am not mistaken there is a flag for it in the XF86config
config file in /etc/X11. Have a look at the manpages (man XF86config) for
XF86config or have a look at a file called XF86config.eg (same directoy) -
the .eg extension stands for 'example given'... I believe you shall find
what you want.

> I've adjusted (lowered) the resposiveness under GPM.  Could that be affecting
> things in X?  X is accessing the mouse directly, not via the GPM repeater.

	GPM has nothing to do with X11! It simply does not act under X11.

>                                           Brian
>                                  ( bcwhite@verisim.com )

	Hope this helps a bit.

				Daniel.

Daniel Doro Ferrante        email: danieldf@lnx00.cecm.usp.br
System Manager		    http://www.cecm.usp.br/~danieldf

CECM - Curso de Ciencias Moleculares - USP
       Course of Molecular Sciences - University of Sao Paulo