Re: tkirc woes

On Wed, 10 Sep 1997, Chad D. Zimmerman wrote:

> Installed tkirc but when I attempt to run it I get this:
>
> godzilla# tkirc
> Application initialization failed: no display name and no $DISPLAY
> environment variable

Just like it says. Try something like:  export DISPLAY=:0.0
assuming that you're running the bash shell.

> Error in startup script: can't read "tk_version": no such variable

This isn't so obvious. Don't know how you could get this.

As a little test, after setting the DISPLAY env var, try just executing
"wish" in the same xterm. You should get a new prompt (%) and an empty
window should pop up. Type exit to quit wish.

...RickM...