Re: How to set up packages?

On Wed, 10 Sep 1997, Joost_Kooij wrote:

> cd /
> mkdir cdrom		; create a mountpoint if it does not yet exist
> mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdd /cdrom 	; mount the cdrom
> cd cdrom		; you'll find the contents here
> ls -l

Aack! Braino! You have to:

cd /

before you can unmount the device, or it will say "device or resource
busy" and stay mounted.

> umount /cdrom		; unmount before you eject the cd

> Better still, you can edit /etc/fstab and add an appropriate line to make
> life a little easier. Just look at the lines that are already there to
> get an idea of what you should add. 'man 5 fstab' is your friend btw.

This is what it looks like on my computer:

#
[snip]
/dev/scd0       /cdrom        iso9660 defaults,noauto,user,ro  0   0

> In the options field add `user', so you can mount the device as mortal
> user and `noauto' so linux doesn't try to mount a possibly empty cdrom
> tray at boot time.

As you can notice above, I also forgot to mention the "ro" (readonly)
option in my previous posting.