Re: How to set up packages?

On Tue, 9 Sep 1997, Tao Lu wrote:

> Hi:
>
> Yes, I did. I type /dev/hdd when it ask the name of cd rom block name.
> After certain questions, it jump to the update. I am sure that I have
> already install successfully under the rescue disk ( I mean base system)
> .. But things look like strange. I still can not access cd rom.
>
> How can I make sure the ATAPI cd rom is mounted ?

If you are going to use dselect, you do not want to mount the cd-rom
before.  When you get the the update prompt, hit a carriage return and
dselect will read the necessary information from the cd-rom to establish a
database of available packages.  Then go to select (usually there will be
a number of packages already selected).  You can select additional ones
now or do it later.

Hit a carriage return after you are through selecting and the prompt will
go to Install.  Running this will actually read the packages from the
cd-rom and install them into your system.

Bob

----
                            http://www.primenet.com/~nielsen