Re: Installing qmail in /usr/local

David <david@binary.net.au> writes:

> I found a qmail.deb package in the experimental section, but it depends on
> libc6 and as people still seem to be having problems with that, I'm not
> ready to upgrade.

Try just downloading the source package and compiling it.  You should
get a nice libc5 qmail Debian package.

> By default, qmail want to go in /var/qmail. Should I make a
> /usr/local/var/qmail? I don't have a /usr/local/var already.

I seem to have a /var/local/.  I can't remember if I made it myself
though.

--
      Carey Evans  <*>  http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/c.evans/

kernel: Warning: possible SYN flooding. Sending cookies.
kernel: validated probe(100007f, 100007f, 11557, 5010, -1645409555)