Installing qmail in /usr/local

Hi,
I want to try out qmail.
I found a qmail.deb package in the experimental section, but it depends on
libc6 and as people still seem to be having problems with that, I'm not
ready to upgrade.

So I'll install it myself, but I don't want to mess up my beautifully
upgradable debian 1.3.1 system, so I want to put qmail in /usr/local.

By default, qmail want to go in /var/qmail. Should I make a
/usr/local/var/qmail? I don't have a /usr/local/var already.

david..

Binary Bar - Australia's first free access internet bar/cafe/gallery.
243 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy, Melbourne, Australia. 12:00pm - 11:00pm
http://www.binary.net.au