Re: XFree86 and Threads...

    Dale> I was just curious - since libc6 is thread safe, and GUIs
    Dale> seem to be something that can be "naturally" multithreaded,
    Dale> is XFree86 multithreaded under Linux? (or any other system,
    Dale> for that matter?)

    Dale> I'm about to get a second PPro for my box at home, and I
    Dale> already have SMP at work, so the prospect of a multithreaded
    Dale> X is quite interesting to me.

 I'm interested too, though it will be a year or so before I can help
with any code...  ;-)

 The sources and some documentation for a multi-threaded X-Lib are
available for ftp at:

 ftp://parcftp.xerox.com/pub/mt-xlib/

 ... It sure would be a good thing to have!

--
mailto:karlheg@inetarena.com (Karl M. Hegbloom)
http://www.inetarena.com/~karlheg