Re: WantWEB/Linux/IP Masquerading

On  9 Sep, Adam Shand wrote:
Re: >No, it's just vice versa. Upload speed with 56k Modem (from you to your
Re: >provider) is 56k.
Re:
Re: I'm pretty sure that is incorrect (but not positive), if it is true then
Re: it's a seriously stupid piece of engineering since 90% of most peoples
Re: traffic is *to* them.
Re:
Re: Can anyone confirm this for us?

Certainly, the whole selling point of the 56k/X2 modems is that
you can surf the web faster - meaning that traffic _to_ the enduser
(pulled down webpages, music data etc.) has to be greater than with the
older 28.8/33.6 modems.

The traffic _out_ from the enduser to the 'net is not a problem when
surfing :-)

/Michael
--
|                Linux: Turn on...Tune in...Fork out...                 |
|    Michael Tempsch, member of Ballistic Wizards, TIP#088, POG#130     |