Re: Sound Blaster AWE32 and Sound Blaster AWE 64 Gold

On Mon, 8 Sep 1997, David R. Hageman wrote:

> I need to know how to install Sound Blaster support into Debian.  Does anyone know the correct procedure for doing this process?

Simple.  Figure out your card's config (IRQ,  DMA,  etc.) - this is
usually done by checking the config in Win95 or DOS,  etc.

Then "cd /usr/src/linux" and do "make menuconfig" ... there should be an
option for sound.  Select Soundblaster and enter the values.  While you're
there,  check out the other kernel config options.
	Then after you've left menuconfig (make sure you save your config)
do
make clean
make depend
make zImage
make modules
make modules_install

	All this should be covered in the kernel howto.

                     					Will

			         harpo@udel.edu
               		       lowe@cis.udel.edu
				lowe@debian.org