Segfault in free(), electric-fence for C++ ?

Hi.

I have some strange problem with my C++ code: I get a segmentation fault
in destructor's delete[] operator. GDB says it happend in free().
What could be the cause of that? The only place I touch the pointer
I pass to delete[] is in the constructor while allocating memory with new.

I don't have this problem if compile the same code on IRIX.
I suspect that since I make quite large allocations, it may be a bug
in memory handling in either g++ library or linux kernel itself.
Do I have grounds for that?

And another thing, can I link electric-fence library with C++ code?

Thanks.

Alex Y.
--
   _