Re: .Xdefaults vs. .Xresources

My .Xresources is a symlink to .Xdefaults and I've had no problems either.

I just checked /usr/lib/X11/xinit/xinitrc script and it thinks .Xresources
is the right file. Here's a small snippet from the file. The
$userresources variable is defined as 'usrresources=$HOME/.Xresources' in
the beginning of the file.

  if grep -q ^allow-user-resources /etc/X11/config
  then
    if [ -f $usrresources ]
    then
      xrdb -merge $usrresources
    fi
  fi

// Heikki
--
Heikki Vatiainen                  * hessu@cs.tut.fi
Tampere University of Technology  * Tampere, Finland