Re: Problem with module after recompile

"Michael Legart" <120010307627@post5.tele.dk> writes:

> > You'll need to recompile the ne module at the same time as the rest of
> > the kernel.  Select it as a module when you configure the kernel.
>
> Ok ... it doesn't work when you compile the kernel, and then do a
> make modules, make modules_install ?

It should still work.  depmod might complain if you don't compile
everything as modules that you did last time, and thus don't overwrite
all the old modules.

After having a few problems with depmod not working quite right when
run under the old kernel before booting the new one, I'd recommend
removing /lib/modules/2.0.29/modules.dep or whatever just before
rebotting so it gets recreated by /etc/init.d/modutils.

> > kernel-package will make installing it all much easier.
>
> Yea ... I belive that !
>
> btw what is the package called ?  I have seen somewhere, that I
> should get kernel_package_vvv_all.deb, but I can't seem to find it at
> sunsite.unc.edu ...

It's a standard (optional actually) part of Debian.  It should be
under stable/binary-all/misc/kernel-package_3.37.deb or something
similar on any Debian mirror or CD.

I must admit I don't actually use it on my own machine here.  I *do*
use it to compile a kernel on a Pentium before moving it to the 486 we
use for dialup access at work.

--
		Carey Evans  <*>  c.evans@clear.net.nz

kernel: Warning: possible SYN flooding. Sending cookies.
kernel: validated probe(100007f, 100007f, 11557, 5010, -1645409555)