Re: Off-topic - tcpload

joost witteveen writes:
[snip]
> > And another question - how many hosts can one have on a single thin
> > ethernet cable?
>
> Dunno. Wasn't there a maximum to the lenght of a BNC cable? (100 meters
> or thereabouts)?

185 meters without a repeater box. From experience, I'd place at least 2
meters of cable (minimum) between stations. Add a repeater and you can go
another 185 meters. The limiting factor will be the _delay_ time for getting a
packet from one end of the network to the other end. Something about
degradation of the signal... 8-)

--
-= Sent by Debian 1.2 Linux =-
Thomas Kocourek  KD4CIK - member of ARRL