Problem with module after recompile

Hi !

I have some problems with the "ne" module, after I have recompiled my
kernel. I get the message "undefined symbols" when loading the
module. I when I reconfiguraded my kernel, I disabled "PCI Bios
support" because I only have a 486. When trying the "debmod -a" it
loads a lot of modules, writes "undefined symbol" at everyone of
them. I can use depmod, to see which undefined symbols that makes
problems, and "ne" returns some symbols with the text "pci" in it.

What could the problem be - and how to I fix it ?

Regards !

badpixel of bad sector
michael legart