2 CPU servers

Hi,

Our group is considering ordering some Debian servers running kernel
2.0.30 either with 2 Pentium Pro CPUs or 2 Pentium II CPUs. I've read
somewhere, however, that, in the dual CPU configuration, lock-ups are
occasionally experienced which may cut down on productivity. Does anyone
have a Debian box with 2 processors and, if so, are you pretty happy with
it? Also, does anyone know whether tape stackers are supported by the
scsi driver included in the current kernels? Thanks...

J. Goldman