Re: Devices?

Hi,
>>"Debian" == Debian mail-lists receiver <debian@cc37450-a.strhg1.mi.home.com> writes:

Debian> (you'll need to install the kernel-header and kernel-source
Debian> deb packages first).

	Umm, one would never need install both these packages, since
 kernel-source is a superset of the kernel-headers package. I mean, if
 you have kenel-source, you already have kernle-headers.

	Also, you can just get the pristine upstream sources (you do
 loose any bug fixes to the kernel put in by the debian maintainer),
 and get the kernel-package package to help with the compilation.

	I personally prefer the kernel-source package (at the same
 version number) to the upstream sources since that means that someone
 has already ironed out problens that I may face otherwise.

	manoj
--
 You know the type.  They like to blame it all on the Jews or the
 Blacks, 'cause if they couldn't, they'd have to wake up to the fact