Re: Devices?

	  >               But a couple of lines after
	  >this messages comes:
	  >	Starting mouse interface server: gpm -m /dev/ttySO -t bare
	  >I have a PS/2 mouse how come it needs a serial driver? Are PS/2
	  >devices and serial devices the same (My mouse works fine). And if
	  >/dev/ttyS0 is a modem why is the mouse using this device?  Can someone
	  >make any sense of these?

>	If you have a PS/2 mouse, this line is wrong and will be causing problems.
>	The correct device is /dev/psaux.  You have gpm looking at your first
>	serial port for a mouse, which it won't find.

You may have to recompile your kernel so that it supports the /dev/psaux device.
The option to have the kernel support non-serial mice is under the "Character Devices"
section when you type "make menuconfig" under the "/usr/src/linux" directory
(you'll need to install the kernel-header and kernel-source deb packages first).

-- Harmon