Re: Linux in Wired

> IMO, microsoft should get out of the operating system game and leave it
> to those who actually have a clue about OSes....like linux or bsd kernel
> hackers and unix programmers for example.

IMNSHO, MS should write a libwin95.so and a win95wm for Linux.  That way
we'd have the application support and the users who want the 95 look-and-
feel could have that as well.

> MS should focus on their applications which, for the most part, aren't
> too bad. in fact, some of their apps are fairly decent if you like that
> sort of thing.

If you say so.  I think their apps are just a tad bloated.

> this is the kind of thing that linux needs - apps, apps, and more apps.

Absolutely.  Linux also needs marketing, marketing, and more marketing.
I can only think of one business need that Linux based systems don't
support - OCR.  Everything else is available.

> craig
>

> --
> craig sanders
> networking consultant                  Available for casual or contract
> temporary autonomous zone              system administration tasks.

Chuck

--
Chuck Stickelman, Owner			E-Mail:	<stick@richnet.net>
Practical Network Design		Voice:	(419) 529-3841