Re: Debian libc5 to libc6 Mini-HOWTO (regular posting)

On Aug 28, Scott K. Ellis wrote
>   Debian libc5 to libc6 Mini-HOWTO
>   Scott K. Ellis, storm@gate.net
>   v2.1, August 22, 1997

You might also want to mention perl and libgdbm. I can't tell you
exactly what went wrong, but both machines I upgraded had a core-dumping
perl. With lots of install scripts written in perl that makes a fine
mess.

I think the first time perl crashed it was because the old perl couldn't
handle the new locale files. The second time was due to a wrong
libgdbm-something.

--
Bart Schuller                  schuller+sig@lunatech.com At Lunalabs, where the
Lunatech Research              http://www.lunatech.com/  future is made today..