Re: Linux in Wired

Well, Folks, I found the answer to my question ("which emulator does Linus
use to run PowerPoint?"). Found it on

   http://www.ssc.com/lj/issue29/interview.html

which is an interview with Linus Torvalds. The answer is:

    Wabi is a nice program (I've been using it to make slides with
    PowerPoint under Linux) and a lot of people will find the reason to
    pay for it.  However, it won't revolutionalize Linux the way Wine may
    do---a freely available windows emulation package will make a lot of
    difference for the whole market, while Wabi makes a lot of difference
    to only a subset of the market.  Obviously, right now Wabi is a lot
    more advanced than Wine, but we'll see what happens in a year or two.

Best wishes to all,
Ted.                                    (Ted.Harding@nessie.mcc.ac.uk)