Re: Linux in Wired

> That sentence: "Microsoft's huge installed base of users and wide
> range of applications is unlikely to be surpassed, despite what
> believers in the Linux magic might hope" is depressingly accurate.
> There's an awful lot of people out there using a wide range of MS
> software, and if your living depends on dealing with them then you
> have to come to terms with it.

 Isn't this true mostly with respect to windows 3.x and windows 95?
The number of NT apps around there is limited.  Should we expect a
2-way splitted MS-world for ever?

: IMO, microsoft should get out of the operating system game and
: leave it to those who actually have a clue about OSes....like
: linux or bsd kernel hackers and unix programmers for example.

 Very good idea.
   Andreas.

--
Uni Wuppertal, FB Elektrotechnik, Tel/Fax: (0202) 439 - 3009
Dr. Andreas Wehler;  wehler2@welfa4.elektro.uni-wuppertal.de