Mirror Cron job ?

What is the correct way to set up a mirror cron job that runs daily?
This is what I have done.
Created a file /etc/cron.daily/mirror with this in it:

#!/bin/sh

/usr/bin/mirror /etc/mirror/packages/ftp.debian.org

Shouldn't this be run as a different user than root? If so how do I set it
up that way? Do I use the crontab command to do this?

I appreciate all of the discussion on this list. It is in my mind one of
the best resources for learning the many aspects of linux and of the best
distribution... Debian.

thanks all,

- ricardo@calvin.net