Re: [Q] smail and fetchmail

Hi,
>>"G'razel" == G'razel  <kestrel@orion.aye.net> writes:

G'razel> I got Debian installed and working fine this time around
G'razel> (think I had a G'razel> corrupted base files disk) but smail
G'razel> and fetchmail aren't working this G'razel> time, fetchamail
G'razel> seems to be going out and checking my accounts and G'razel>
G'razel> marking the messages read in the ISP's spool but not
G'razel> downloading them to G'razel> my machine

	Could you please run
 % fetchmail -c -v
	-c: Just check mail, do not download
	-v: do it verbosely

 % fetchmail -a -v -k
	-a: fetch *all* messages
	-v: gimme all kinds of status
	-k: keep a copy on the server in case smail is still messed up.

	manoj

__> fetchmail -c -v
fetchmail: 4.0.1 querying datasync.com (protocol POP3) at Wed Aug 27 15:33:06 1997
fetchmail: POP3< +OK Cubic Circle's v1.14 1997/04/11 POP3 ready <f06a00002a8f0434@osh1>
fetchmail: POP3> USER srivasta
fetchmail: POP3< +OK srivasta selected
fetchmail: POP3> PASS *
fetchmail: POP3< +OK Congratulations!
fetchmail: selecting default folder
fetchmail: POP3> STAT
fetchmail: POP3< +OK 4 11671
fetchmail: POP3> LAST
fetchmail: POP3< -ERR Invalid command, try one of: STAT, LIST [msg], RETR msg, TOP msg n, DELE msg, UIDL [msg], NOOP, RSET, QUIT
fetchmail: POP3> UIDL
fetchmail: POP3< +OK But remember to DELETE messages REGULARLY
fetchmail: POP3< 1 bf02823f31090000
fetchmail: POP3< 2 5ba630c6030f0000
fetchmail: POP3< 3 d431e1e93b050000
fetchmail: POP3< 4 a6ff860428100000
fetchmail: POP3< .
fetchmail: 4 messages at srivasta@datasync.com.
fetchmail: normal termination, status 0

--
 I complain often about my old age.  Now I have stopped complaining
 because I can't get old anymore, the process is finished. Paul Erdos