Support for the 3Com 3C900 (Etherlink PCI) network card?

It seems there is no module support for the 3Com 3C900 Etherlink PCI
card in the standard kernel (version 2.0.x). However I found there are
some updated source code and a compiled module in:

  http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/vortex.html

Has anybody tried the compiled module?
Will it work with on a debian system running 2.0.27
or 2.0.29 ? or...?
(I remeber reading something about the header in debian were the last
"stable" ones instead of the latest found in the original kernel
source).

Any comment from those who had  experience with this cards will be
appreciated.
Thanks.

--
Lazaro D. Salem                   E-mail: salem@rf.no
RF-Rogaland Research               Phone: +47 51 87 50 00