Another package setup problem

Hello Debian users,

    Setting up a .deb package still doesn't work:

    Scenario:
    Config files go to /etc/X11/<package>/, and are accessed by
    /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/<package>/config/... through symlinks.

    The configfiles are introduced to dpkg as conffiles with the
    pathes in the /etc tree, whereas the files are accessed through
    symbolic links (Thanks Joey, the hint works!).

    Problems:
    The config files are installed through the symbolic links _before_
    the etc-files are installed. dpkg reports on error on
    this:

       unable to create `etc/X11/xmcd/common.cfg': No such file or directory

    Creating manually the directory /etc/X11/<package>/ works. Do I
    have to do this by a preinst script?

    dpkg --purge <package> does not remove the directory
    /etc/X11/<package> nor does it delete /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/<package>/config..

    I thought listing the directory in the conffile section could work,
    but doesn't.

          Thanks for any hints -- Peter

Peter Weiss, Sonnenstraße 17, D-26123 Oldenburg, Tel:  0441/ 81058
http://www.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de:/~weissp