Re: A little consideration, please?

I (and many others) have been disturbed by the rather nasty nature of a
number the posts going under the subect "Show me the money".  If these
people do have valid complaints (and from what I can tell, they are rather
petty) they should express them in a much more civil and considerate tone.

Debian will only continue to exist and thrive, if it has the goodwill and
generosity of many people to live on.  To date, the positive community
spirit displayed by the Debian community has been quite amazing.  I have
been very impressed.  However the kind of slanging match that we've
witnessed of late is the type of thing that can seriously eat into this
spirit of goodwill and generosity.

I would like to echo others in expressing my great gratitude towards the
Debian developers.  They've done a great job!  I'd especially like to
express my thanks to Bruce Perens for the great work he has done and to
let him know that it is appreciated, even if it doesn't always seem that
way.

Once again, thanks and keep it up,

Mark Phillips.