Re: Linus

On Fri, 22 Aug 1997, Bruce Perens wrote:

> I finally met Linus Torvalds today. He loves living in the U.S. because
> the weather is so much nicer than Finland. He is using the American
> pronunication of his name and of "Linux" when he speaks English!

Yikes! Which pronunciation is that?

The one that sounds like mine (fine, dine, sine, line, pine, vine, wine,
etc) with -icks or -ucks on the end, or the one that sounds like bin (fin,
gin, kin, min, pin, sin, tin, win, etc) with -icks or -ucks on the end?

I've changed back and forth twice already!  :-(
I say lin-icks now but I've always felt line-ucks was more natural for
westerners, perhaps because of Linus from the peanuts cartoons...   :-)

...RickM...