Re: [X] why does X kill my modem?

Hello Bob, sounds like you need to re-do those IRQ's. Here's my setup:

ttyS0 = disabled
ttyS1 = IRQ 4 (mouse)
ttys2 = disabled
ttys3 = IRQ 2 (modem)

I use IRQ 3 with my NE2000 network card, so COM 1 & 3 aren't used 8-)

Bob Billson writes:

> On Thu, 21 Aug 1997, Tim Sailer wrote:
> >> ttyS0 and ttyS2 are IRQ 3
> >> ttyS1 and ttyS3 are IRQ 4
> >
> >This *will* be the problem. You have 2 sets of hardware sitting
> >on the same irqs. This will cause confusion. With standard serial
>
> The old story of telling someone 'you can't do it' when they don't know
> they can't do it. :-)
>
> I have this set up running under Linux for almost 2 years now and never
> had problem--so long as I don't run X.  (Knock on silicon!)

You've just been lucky 8-)

--
-= Sent by Debian 1.2 Linux =-
Thomas Kocourek  KD4CIK - member of ARRL