X Windows on a PS/2

Hello, I have just installed the VGA 16 server, xbase fonts, x 75 fonts, and
x base binaries.  When it switches to graphics mode during setup it displays
white stripes, then a big grey square taking up 2/3rds of my screen.  When I
press CTRL-ALT-BKSPC it exits, but the screen is a screwed up by displaying
some unkown characters. I have a Darius HRV-1024 monitor with a integrated
XGA-II Card.  Does anybody know how to get this working?