Re: Linux kernel 2.0.31????

> > with it, the BEST thing you can do at this point is install 2.0.29 and
> Out of curiosity what's so evil about 2.0.30?

It is the first kernel I've tried since 0.99pl8 that I couldn't keep
running.  We had immediate trouble with our network card, a 3c590, due
to a broken driver.  Other folks have had trouble with it under low
memory conditions, due to some changes that were supposed to speed
things up from 2.0.29.  If you run "badblocks -w" on a partition
(note: this will wipe out your partition!) you will exhaust your
buffers and experience problems on 2.0.30.

We've had no problems whatsoever running pre-patch-7 applied to
2.0.30; I'd recommend at least testing it, because if you don't find
problems with it it will soon become 2.0.31.  (After a couple of known
minorkinks are worked out.)

--
Pete Harlan
pete@mymenus.com