Re: Show me the money Re: Donations to Debian

On 21 Aug 1997 23:28:31 -0500, john@win.bright.net wrote:

>George Bonser writes:
>> I think the idea is, you buy the 1.3 CDROM and pick up the revisions from
>> the net.
>> In this way, if a distribution goes defunct and is replaced, only the
>> X.x-updates directory needs to be left around for people that might want
>> to update a disk that is a couple of revs behind current.
>
>Excellent idea.  Just add a script for the user to run to automatically
>update their installed packages and you've got a really slick system.

If you have a net connection. If you are only working from one machine. Then it
doesn't matter. If I have to s=do several machines I order an current rev CD-R. The
problem is I can;t be sure exactly what I will be getting. Is it 1.3.1 R2 from this
week, or from last week. What about next week?

>However, it was my understanding that the change from x.y.z to x.y revision
>z was purely cosmetic.

Apparently not.