Re: Show me the money Re: Donations to Debian

On Fri, 22 Aug 1997, Paul Wade wrote:

> Good point, John. It seems that the sugar-coated explanation still doesn't
> taste very good. Hey, users who are listening - Debian 1.3.3 is out but
> it's still called 1.3.1 so nobody who buys those CD sets will feel
> inferior? We need someone with a Ph.D. in policy analysis to convince us
> that it really does taste good. Why don't we just call it Debian GNU/Linux
> 1.3.1.your_lucky_number?

Sorry friend, but this is false.  1.3.1 is out.  The few changes that have
been made to it were done so in error.  I believe that resulted from Guy's
absense.  But, mistakes will be made occaisionally in any case.  None of
the packages in bo-updates have been released into the official
distribution.  In case you haven't noticed, we've been trying to implement
some new quality control procedures with 1.3, and it's up to the testing
manager, Dale, to approve the packages before they go into the main
distribution.  This is the first time we've tried this, and it looks like
bo-updates was the wrong name for the updates that are not yet approved by
the testing group.

Syrus.