Re: Debian Counter?

On Wed, 20 Aug 1997, Greg Vence wrote:

> Would it be worth putting up a debian counter?  We could use it to count
> where you got your distribution from.
>
> One thing I'm guessing is that a lot of us that use Debian got a CD when
> the prices droped from Gold to Silver. :)  This could just be repeat
> business...  (Base CD and then update from net.)

I believe someone is already working on a package that sends an e-mail
off describing your setup.  Adding an extra section identifying where
you got your packages would probably be trivial.  Before I start a
complaint war, running the program is optional, and should require some
user interaction before sending the letter.

If anyone wants to fill in with details and corrections feel free, however,
suggestions and complaints can probably wait till such a program is
actually made.

Brandon