Re: hamm and compiling.

Tim Sailer wrote:

> On 1 machine I have, I'm running hamm... updating daily. Real bleeding
> edge. I have a problem with compiling a program that I don't
> understand.
>
> Here is the error:
>
> gcc -g -ansi -pedantic -Wall  -I./../include -I../include
                                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
These two are equivalent.  Did you mean to type
../../include?

 -I. -I..
> -c fcgiapp.c -o fcgiapp.o
> In file included from ../include/fcgimisc.h:30,
>                  from fcgiapp.c:33:
> /usr/include/arpa/inet.h:46: parse error before `__net'
> fcgiapp.c: In function `FCGX_IsCGI':
> fcgiapp.c:1889: warning: pointer targets in passing arg 3 of
> `getpeername' differ in signedness
> fcgiapp.c: In function `FCGX_Accept':
> fcgiapp.c:2121: warning: pointer targets in passing arg 3 of `accept'
> differ in signedness
> make[3]: *** [fcgiapp.o] Error 1
>
> The warinings I can deal with, but the parse error has me baffled. The
> line
> from inet.h that it's choking on is:
>
> /* Format a network number NET into presentation format and place
> result
>    in buffer starting at BUF with length of LEN bytes.  */
> extern char *inet_neta __P ((u_long __net, char *__buf,

u_long is defined in /usr/include/linux/types.h.  Are you
including that file?  Try using the "-E" switch on gcc and
look at the output to see what is being sent to the compiler
for the offending line.

 size_t