Re: Help: My ISDN dial-in is not working

In article <[🔎] 33F99860.F3157338@doge.nl> you write:
>    And I selected my Teles card for support.

teles card ?

please use a current kernel (2.0.29 or 30) with the 2.0.30A isdn patch
(already included in debian kernels (-6 or -7 or so).

>    /sbin/isdnctrl verbose 0

bad thing. use verbose 2 at least.

>    /sbin/ifconfig ippp0 $MY_HOSTNAME pointopoint $IP_ADDRESS metric 1
>    /sbin/route add default ippp0

add a normal net or host route to the device first.
othervice route maybe will not add a route

>    /sbin/route del default
>    ifconfig ippp0 down

strange script.

a) ifconfig down ? and no ifconfig up later ? that does work ?
b) default route, but no normal route ? tha does work ?

>    Aug  6 14:27:46 zeus kernel: hscx_empty_fifo: incoming packet too
>large
kernel version ? please use 2.0.29/30 and 2.0.30A patch
(included in debian kernels -6 and -7 (maybe also in earlier kernels)).
kernel image has isdn as module (many people tell me, that isdn as
module is better : isdn isn't 100% stable, so removing and readding the
module is better than rebooting :-)

what isdnutils do you use ?
please use the newest 2.1.beta1 version (should be in incoming,
bo-updates or so (but maybe will not work ?)).

>    who can give me some examples ?! And who knows the answer to my
>problem.

i have put my own configuration in isdnutils.
isdn and ipppd are running fine (but isdnlog and vbox are nto always
running).

do you like to beta test ?
new isdn package in these days...

andreas