Re: dselect woes

On Tue, 19 Aug 1997, Alfonso E. Urdaneta wrote:

> I'm trying to use dselect to no avail.  First I tried to tell dselect to
> read the cdrom.
>
> chose option a, saw the following
[ error sniped ]

Is it recognized at boot up (try "more | dmesg" if you missed it)?  If
so, just mount it before going into dselect.  ("mount -t iso9660 /dev/????
/cdrom", the ???? should be apparent from dmesg.  My ide cdrom uses
hdc.)  If it's not recognized, you may have to recompile your kernel to
get the cdrom working.  If all that did work, you may want to look at
"man fstab" to make it more automatic.

> So I figure that I should try the FTP method instead.
[ another error snipped ]

How are you connecting to the net (or did you connect)?  Also, did you
set up the network correctly during installation?

Good luck,
Brandon