Re: duplicating a floppy

> Hum, Hum ! I'm not sure that's the best place to ask it.
> Nevertheless ...

This list is always off the topic.  But that's ok, it's still educational
and linux related.

> I would like to duplicate a msdos floppy in such a way that
> even its mother won't make the difference.. I've tried
> "mcopy", but the mother did the difference...

1) # insert original
2) dd if=/dev/fd0 of=/tmp/image bs=1024
3) # insert target (error free target that is)
4) dd of=/dev/fd0 if=/tmp/image bs=1024
5) man dd # to see what the heck you did

For saftey reasons, you probably want the write protect tab set on the
original.

> P.S. what could make the difference between 2 floppies ?

At a very low level (bit wise), the normal copy program will make some
changes that don't show up unless you are looking at the bits.

HTH,
Brandon