Re: Is this the Debian Philosophy? (or.... $#@!@#$ bash 2.0!)

On Sun, 17 Aug 1997, Bruce Perens wrote:

> From: "Richard G. Roberto" <robertor@typhoon.co.jp>
> > Sounds above board to me.
>
> That's some careless wording. One would think you'd know I'm one of the
> good guys by now. :-)
>
> 	Bruce

I should know better than to use colloqialisms(sp?) in
international e-mail -- but I thought you were a nor-easter
originally?  To clarify, above board means "not behind
closed doors".  What I meant was that nothing hapened on
debian-private that wasn't discussed in public during the
original CD image thread.  If it had, it woudn't have been
above board, but rather "back room" or "closed door" ;)

Even then, it wouldn't automatically make it "bad", just not
"above board".  I already stated in the original message
that this was just an inquiry -- not a judgement.  I think
most of the debian team are good guys.  I reserve the right
to be a bad guy, however :-)

Cheers,

--

"Until we extend the circle of our compassion to all living
things, we will not ourselves find peace" -Albert Schweitzer

Richard G. Roberto