PPP ?

Hi

I have been trying to figure out how to setup a PPP connection to my
school (Univ of MD) for almost a month.  I have read quite a bit of stuff
about PPP but I am no where closer to connecting, since most of the info
deals with setting up a server. All I want to do is dial up to the school
system where my account is located.  Is there a dial up program that comes
with Debian 1.3.1 CD?  Also I am not sure where my modem is, should it be
at /dev/tty* or /dev/cua* - what's the difference? I have already
configured the kernel of TCP/IP and PPP - what's the next step?

Thanks
Patrick