Re: man pages?

In message <[🔎] m0x03Zp-000CL1C@rulcmc.leidenuniv.nl>, writes:
  >> Hi.
  >>
  >> I expose my problem whith "man" when I try help about some commands.
  >>
  >> Supose that I want search "xman" help.
  >>
  >> If I do "man xman" I get help about "xman". But If I open the xman
  >> application and search for help about it, I don't get help.
  >
  >Well, you _can_ get help on xman in xman: choose Options/OpenNewManualPage,
  >and you'll get manual page for xman.
  >
  >But you probably wanted to ask: why does Xman fail to show most of the
  >X manual pages in for exmaple section "(1) User commands".
  >
  >I suspect this is a bug in xman: most manaul pages of X applications
  >are in section "1x", not "1". And, choosing Section "(1) User commands"
  >only selects section "1" manual pages, not section "1x". (the files
  >they refere to live in a different directory too).

I don't see this problem.

I think the reason for not seeing various man pages is that MANPATH is not
set correctly.  You should do this in your .xsession file or else in the
global file.

You want something like:

  MANPATH=/usr/local/man:/usr/X11R6/man:/usr/man:/usr/local/pgsql/man
  export MANPATH

editing as necessary for any other manpage directories you may have.

Isle of Wight                                  http://lfix.co.uk/oliver

     Make it idiot-proof, and someone will breed a better idiot.