Re: faxing from Win 95

On Fri, 15 Aug 1997, Adam Shand wrote:

> > I want to be able to fax from my Windows 95 desktop, ideally via the
> > default exchange client, but via a print driver would be OK.
>
> From what little I've seen and read you should be able to do it with
> Samba. I believe theres a file in the document directory (somewhere)
> called something like win-fax which details the basics of this.

There is a freeware or shareware thingy made by a german company that
provides a win95 client program ala Microsoft's fax send dialog that is
intended to work with a linux samba server. I have downloaded it a while
ago, but haven't had the time to actually install and try it, but I sure
plan to do so.

I can't remember the exact name and url, but if you do a search on
altavista for
	+linux +samba +fax windows95 faxdriver
you'll probably find it easily.

Joost